Friday, 11 February 2011

Roman Blind No 3

Well I am really cracking on - don't know where my motivation is coming from, but long may it continue!! 

My inlaws are coming to stay at the weekend, so I thought I would have a crack at the spare bedroom blind.  I spent about an hour this morning going through all my fabrics, along with a big pot of tea and loads of hot buttered toast.  Quite enjoyed this part, as it is easy to forget what you have stashed away.  I finally decided on a Sanderson 'William Morris' print - but didn't have quite enough material, so have had to add a 6" contrasting band at the bottom.





Also done a bit of dyeing.  My dear friend Cheryl-ann Taylor gave me a fun fabric placemat a while ago.  It was orignally white, but I thought I would jazz it up a bit.  I used Dylon 'Burlesque Red'.  It looks more purple to me, but I still like it.  It's now in it's new home, in the window sill.



Anyway...back to my blind! xx

2 comments:

  1. I love the fabric, the blinds will look amazing when finished xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,love the idea of dying the placemat - its looks great! I would probably end up with more dye on me then the mat! lol. Im also your newest follower - hooray! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete

Post message here!