Avoca Mill

I just wanted to do a quick blog about my most favourite shop in Ireland ..... Avoca. Since we were little our holidays every summer have taken us to Ireland. We have been going for about 30 years now. And part of that ritual has been a trip to one of my most favourite shops in the world!! A shop where you can refresh your wardrobe, restock your pantry, revamp your home, revitalise your garden...all under one roof....HEAVEN!!!!

Avoca actually have several shops around Ireland now, and I am sure many of you will recognise some of products creeping into our shops over here. The very kind people at Avoca have allowed me to use some of their photos on my blog to show you all.

If you are local to me in North Yorkshire, Castle Howard, Browns of York and Genivieve of Helmsley are stocking some of the Avoca range.  Otherwise their website is www.avoca.ie

Avoca-Lettering by Avoca Ireland 

Avoca store detail by Avoca Ireland 

Avoca Rathcoole int by Avoca Ireland

Avoca Natural Soaps by Avoca Ireland

Avoca Rathcoole int by Avoca Ireland

Avoca Rathcoole interior by Avoca Ireland









































Hay Loft Dining Room at Mill at Avoca Village by Avoca Ireland 

Power loom detail, Mill at Avoca Village by Avoca Ireland 

Scarf detail on loom, Mill at Avoca Village by Avoca Ireland 

Word Throw by Avoca Ireland 

Mount Usher Potting Shed Store by Avoca Ireland

Mount Usher Gardens by Avoca Ireland 
Mount Usher Gardens by Avoca Ireland

Cake stand in Fernhouse Café by Avoca Ireland 

Sugar Tree Café, Avoca Kilmacanogue by Avoca Ireland 

Garden Café at Mount Usher by Avoca Ireland 

Avoca Foodhall Cheese Room by Avoca Ireland 

Avoca Foodhall with Avoca Pantry by Avoca Ireland 

Avoca Nest by Avoca Ireland

Comments

  1. I love Avoca too and first discovered it in Browns,Helmsley.Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog about the crochet.We are intending to do a range of workshops.The next one will be patchwork and I will let you know about future crochet events.So nice to discover a fellow blogger in the county.Hope to see you at Cheryl's fair or in the shop sometime.Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, you had me at the opening photo of that chocolate cake..... I am going to HAVE TO give that one a whirl......

    we lived in Dublin a few years ago and Avoca Woollen Mills was one of our very FAVOURITE places to visit for a day out...... happy days......

    thanks for the reminder....... and the recipe for the 'waist-expanding' cake...... Dx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Post message here!

Popular Posts